Everest Namche Bazaar Trek is a short trekking in Nepal. The 5 days trekking in Everest is dedicated to explore the vibrant Sherpa villages and to collect the best views of mountains. The trip to Namche Bazar starts with a scenic flight o Lukla airport. The actual trek to Namche starts from Lukla. First day, you will be trekking to Phakding village via several other local villages and Dudh Koshi river bank. At Phakding, you can enjoy the local food and can enjoy the superb landscapes.
Second day of the Namche Bazaar trekking, the route is mostly uphill via rhododendron and pine forest. The route to Namche includes crossing of popular Hillary bridge and to get the first glimpse of Mount Everest. Along the way, the mules and the yaks can be found carrying big loads on their back. Also, the hard working porters of Everest will be coming both way with the load at least of 50 kilograms on their back. At Namche Bazar, you can collect the best views of Khongde Himal. And it is the place where world famous mountaineers- Sherpa lives. Namche Bazar is also popular as “The Sherpa Capital”. If you are at the village on Saturday, then you can see the Saturday local market too.
On the third day of the trek, do a side trip to Everest view point, Syanboche. It is also the same place to Everest view hotel and offers the 360 views of the mountains. After the hike, you can go and explore the Sherpa capital. On the fourth day, you will be retracing back to Lukla to catch the returning flight back to Kathmandu the very next day.
Best season and permits for Namche Trek
- The best time to do Namche trekking is spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November). The trip to Namche can be done in the months of winter (December to February) too. Although, the trekking to Namche is not recommended in the months of monsoon (Late-June to early September) due to the heavy rainfall. Basically, two permits are needed for the trek- Sagarmatha National Park Entrance fee and Pasang Lhamu municipality charges. Both of the permits for Everest trek can be issued along the way. The charges of the permit is US$ 55 per person.
Everest Namche Bazaar Trek Highlights
- Short and best trekking in Everest region.
- Take a scenic flight to Lukla airport.
- Go explore the vibrant local Sherpa villages of Phakding and Namche Bazar.
- Do a hike to Everest view point to collect the best views of mountains including Everest
- Collect the best views of Himalayas including Mount Everest and Ama Dablam.
- Create a once in a lifetime memory with The Himalayan Journeys Nepal.
Everest Namche Bazaar Trek Itinerary
- Day 01: Fly to Lukla (30 minutes’ flight/ 2860 m) and trek to Phakding (4/5 hours trekking/2610m.)
- Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m./5/6 hours trekking).
- Day 03: Side trip to Everest view point, Syanboche (3790m.) then Namche Bazar exploration.
- Day 04: Trek back to Lukla (6/7 hours trekking).
- Day 05: Fly back to Kathmandu (30 minutes’ flight.
If you need more information then contact our Nepal trekking expert Mr. Badri at +977 98510 13 196 (WhatsApp) directly.