Everest Marathon 2021 is an international high altitude trail running in Nepal. The worlds’ highest and adventurous marathon running held every year on 29th May. The marathon has started to celebrate the historical success of Mount Everest climbing by Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary back in 29th May 1953 A.D. The 2021 edition is already the 18th edition of the famous marathon. The marathon has divided into 3 categories with;
1.60 km Extreme Ultra
2.42 km Full Marathon
3.21 Km Half Marathon.
Like other years, Everest Marathon was organized in the year 2019 as well. And the winner of all three categories are as following;
Everest Marathon 2019 Results
Mr Suman Kulung from Nepal was the winner of 42Km full marathon in the open category. He has completed the race in 3 hours 47 minutes and 16 seconds. Ultra Everest Extreme ULTRA Marathon (60K, m) was won by Mr Kiran Kulung from Nepal. He has completed the race in 7 hours 14 minutes and 10 seconds. Mr Alexander William Jalland from the United Kingdom has won the 21K Half Marathon in 3 hours 16 minutes 48 seconds.
Everest is more than a mountain; the same of the trip around Everest is more than a trek. And Everest Marathon is the next level of adventure. The intense yet amazing trip to Everest also includes visiting famous Sherpa villages. The magnificent views of the mountains are also part of the greatest trip.
Everest Marathon 2021 Highlights
- Experience the world’s high altitude marathon.
- Explore the local villages of Sherpa.
- Collect the best views of the Himalayas including Mount Everest.
- Create lifetime memory- once in a lifetime experience.
Everest Marathon 2021 Short Itinerary
- 18th May 2021: Arrival in Kathmandu
- 19th May 2021: Preparation day.
- 20th May 2021: Fly to Lukla (30 minutes) and trek to Phakding (4/5 hours trekking).
- 21st May 2021: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m./6/7 hours trekking).
- 22nd May 2021: Hike to Syanboche (2 hours) for the Everest view then back to Namche Bazar.
- 23rd May 2021: Trek to Tengboche (3780m./5/6 hours trekking).
- 24th May 2021: Trek to Dingboche (4410m./5/6 hours trekking).
- 25th May 2021: Hike to Nagarjun Hills (5000m./2 hours’ hike), then back to Dingboche.
- 26th May 2021: Trek to Lobuche (/4910m.4/5 hours’ trek).
- 27th May 2021: Trek to Gorakshep (5140m./4 hours’ trek), then to Everest Base Camp (5364m.2 hours’ trek).
- 28th May 2021: Rest at Everest Base Camp on tented camp.
- 29th May 2021: Race Day
- 30th May 2021: Trek back to Lukla (5/6 hours trekking).
- 31st May 2021: Fly back to Kathmandu. (30 minutes’ flight).
- 1st May 2021: Final departure
If you are looking different experience in Nepal than a marathon, then;
- Everest Base Camp Trek
- Everest via Gokyo Lakes Trek
- Everest Sunrise Trek
- Everest Base Camp and Three Passes Trek
Please contact Mr. Badri (+977 98510 13196)– our Nepal travel expert for more details.