Everest Gokyo Lakes Trek and Everest Marathon is a combined adventure trekking in Nepal. The finest trekking in Everest starts with exploring Gokyo Lakes. It then goes to Everest Base camp and ends with exciting world’s highest elevation marathon.
The trek starts with a scenic flight to Lukla airport. It then goes to explore the vibrant Sherpa village of Phakding. From Phakding, the uphill route through the pine and rhododendron forest with occasional views of mountains including Mount Everest. At Namche Bazar, explore one of the finest Sherpa villages. If you are in Namche on Saturday, then you will get chance to see the Saturday market. The side trip to Syanboche Everest view point allows to collect the excellent views of the snowy peaks. The route then diverse towards Dole leaving Namche Bazar behind. From Dole passing Machhermo village, you will reach the best valley of Gokyo.
The valley of glacial lakes, Gokyo valley also offers the best views of the Himalayas. After exploring the Gokyo valley, the route then climbs up to Gokyo Ri then to Thangnak. From the top of the Gokyo Ri you can collect the best views of Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and more. Then go cross Cho La pass, which is one of the highest Himalayan pass and spend the night at Dzongla.
The Everest Gokyo Lakes Trek and Everest Marathon then gets to the Everest Base Camp trek main route at Lobuche. From Lobuche trek onwards to Everest Base camp. There will be two days tented camp for the acclimatization at EBC before the Everest Marathon. And finally, participate of Everest Marathon on 29th May and race to Namche Bazar to end the fantastic trip of Everest Gokyo Lakes Trek and Everest Marathon. Everest Marathon happens every year on 29th May to celebrate the successful summit of Mount Everest in 29th May 1953.
Everest Gokyo Lakes and Everest Marathon Highlights
- Take an adventurous flight to Lukla airport.
- Explore the vibrant Sherpa villages of Everest trekking region.
- Collect the best views of mountains including Mount Everest.
- Go and explore the fascinating valley of glacial lakes- Gokyo valley.
- Do two nights’ tent camp at Everest base camp.
- Be the part of the worlds’ highest altitude marathon.
- Create a best memory with The Himalayan Journeys Nepal.
Everest Gokyo Lakes Trek and Everest Marathon Itinerary
- 15th May: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
- 16th May: Preparation and Visit Kathmandu Durbar Square
- 17th May: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding. (2610m./ 4-5 hours’ trek)
- 19th May: Hike to Everest View Point and explore Namche Bazaar. (3445 m./2 hours’ hike).
- 20th May: Trek to Dole. (4040m./5-6 hours’ trek)
- 21st May: Trek to Machhermo (4410m./ 5-6 hours’ trek)
- 22nd May: Trek to Gokyo Valley. (4750.m/ 5-6 hours’ trek)
- 23rd May: Thangnak (4700m/ 5-7 hours’ trek)
- 24th May: Dzongla.(4830m./ 5-6 hours trek)
- 25th May: Lobuche. (4910m./ 5-6 hours’ trek)
- 26th May: Gorak Shep. (5180m./ 3-4 hours’ trek) and enjoy the sunset in Himalayas.
- 27th May: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m. /2-3 hours’ trek) and stay at Everest Base Camp in a tented camp.
- 28th May: Acclimatization at Everest Base Camp.
- 29th May: Marathon day (Everest Base Camp to Namche Bazar- From 5364m. to 3440m.- 42.195 kilometers).
- 30th May: Trek back to Monju (2835m./ 4-5 hours’ trek)
- 31st May: Trek back to Lukla (2810m. / 4-5 hours’ trek).
- 1st June: Fly back to Kathmandu (30 minutes’ flight and 15/30 minutes’ drive to the hotel)
- 2nd June: Fly back home
If you want more information before booking Everest Gokyo Lakes Trek and Everest Marathon then contact our Nepal trekking experts Mr. Badri at +977 98510 13 196.